Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tis the season for Church Fairs


Just as I had been lamenting about the winter hiatus of lawn sales, fortunately the church craft fair season began. Today I was there bright and early of my first fair, just as the doors opened. Of course I did check out the crafts, but didn't purchase anything....I could make anything I saw. I was there for the "Attic Treasure" room, the quintessential "white elephant" tables. The space is really small, and it was hot and crowded....but I found my treasures......three vintage tablecloths, 4 Halloween cloth napkins, vintage knitting needles, an amber glass pedestal bowl (for my Thanksgiving table), a large white oval platter, old sewing patterns, various wooden frames, candles, glass candlesticks, a few vintage Christmas ornaments, a blessing crucifix with the original candles still inside, olive green glass bowl and matching candlestick holders (another glass collection of mine) and 2 small fire king white bowls (each bowl for only five cents)...to name a few of my treasures.


I am going to frame or decoupage the sewing patterns for something creative. I should have done a better close up of the knitting needles, they are cool.
I also found some Catholic figurines that I collect and will probably use in a collage that I have been planning. My favorite find of the day was a 50's lamp for $3.00. I have it shown with my lamp from my family room re-do. It stands 4 feet tall and has a similar shape in the wooden section as my other lamp has. I love it!!! Now I need to find just the right table for it. I spent about $20 and did find a few more fun framed pictures, jewelry and of course some freshly baked cookies had to come home with me. As good as that was, my friend Tiff was also there and scored on all of these furniture pieces that I went right past and didn't see and spent only $16. Good job Tiff. It was a fun day. Glad to get out and back home before the torrential rain started. We are getting the rain that our friends down south just had. So with a hot mulled apple cider in hand, I am putting my treasures away. Yes, you have to love a good church sale.

No comments: