Friday, December 11, 2009

ARTISANS'S FAIR

For anyone up in Southern Maine, there is an Artisans' Sale & Fair, Saturday the 12th at the former Odd Fellows Hall in Gorham. The reason that I am posting this is because I am participating in the event. I have had only a couple of days to prepare. I was not signed up for the fair; however, a last minute cancellation of another artist left a vacant table and I got the call to help out. My friend is organizing the sale, which hopefully will become an Annual Event. The venue is a recently refurbished building from the 1800's in the center of Town. Artisans from all over the state will be represented. I thought if I worked (after my day job) all Wed and Thursday night, and do an all nighter on Friday night, that I would have a respectable amount of inventory to display. All good intentions were pushed aside and both the past evenings have found me first assisting a family member and then a good friend with small emergencies, because it was the right thing to do. That leaves this evening, to create and set up. Change of plans. I will be showcasing more vintage collectibles than creations, but I will have a few. So please stop by and say hello. I will post pictures of the fair tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Hi Sherrie, What time does it open? I plan on going.

Sherrie said...

10:30. Please stop by and say Hi. I have a little treat for you.