Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I need your advise. What is in a name?

I have been debating doing a name change of my blog. I need your advise. When I first began my blog, I wanted to convey that I sew and build my treasures from lawnsale or thrift store finds. Hence the title of my blog. However, in a recent post commenting on what I had learned from my blogging friends, I thanked Tiff at Folded Gingham for introducing me to the wonderful world of blogging. This conversation had taken place at the local Goodwill store, after work on a Friday night ..... where else. I joked that I should have titled my blog just that "a conversation at goodwill". It has since stuck .... making me question the name change.

I have only been blogging a few months but don't want to lose anyone by changing my name. The new title reads better, and rolls off the tip of your tongue. I am hesitant about blogging protocol. Is it acceptable to change your title, I promise it will only be this once. For those who might suggest just creating a new blog, I would not have enough to keep two blogs current. So thank you now for all who comment. I am really looking forward to your advise.

An Update: If I just change the title as an edit under layout, (I already tried this), it does not change the actual address of the blog. So anyone who is following me is still connected to my post. That makes sense, right?

7 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sherrie... I think you need to do what makes YOU happy! I would certainly still follow your blog if you changed the name... I think when people change the names, blogger will re~direct them to the new one if you keep the old one up for awhile... you could just do a post saying where to find your new one and soon enough, we would all be there! xoxo Julie Marie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the new name, but please do what you need to do to be happy! I also will follow you!! I don't know how it would be done, but I'm sure others can tell you how to change and get your followers to follow! Did that make sense...and I love the name...A conversation at Goodwill....

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Sherrie,
Makes sense to me, but I'm not the one to ask :) Either way I will be sure to follow you, and the new name has a nice ring to it!

Rebecca said...

Hello
So nice to meet you thanks for stopping by. If you want to change your name I would think now would be the time to do it. Besides many people have several blogs... I would just add your new one and if you want to delete this one down the road after everyone is following the new blog you can.
Good luck
Blessings
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrie,
I just started a new blog yesterday. I wanted one to showcase my jewelry design business and the other for my love of decorating, family and life. I wanted it to be more of a personal journal that I could share with others and also gain inspiration and tips on how the reader makes there house a home. So now I have two! Alabaster Rose Designs and 15 Bella Vie. Check it out and good luck.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sherrie,
Sounds like you are not happy with your current blog name and maybe you should go with what makes you happy. Don't worry about followers,
I will still follow you if you change your name, so don't worry.

Sissie

Lucy said...

Whatever makes you happy, because after all... these things are for our own pleasure! Regardless, you'd better get the name registered before someone else decides they need it more than you!