Friday, October 29, 2010

Pink is the new Orange

My how time flies. The month of October has flown by, once again it is already Pink Saturday. It is time to join our hostess Beverly@ How Sweet the Sound for a little bit of Pink Fun. This time we get to showcase some Pink Halloween Trick or Treats. To meet up with Beverly for the party, please click here.

I love this photo of my daughter and her friend, dressing up for a Halloween party. This pink dress was one of her favorite play dress-up outfits and got a lot of use.

This year for Halloween I decided to try something different for the dining room mantle, a pink & cream theme. I had a couple of ceramic cream pumpkins that I paired with a few fake mini gourds and pumpkins, of course painted pink. Something different. I liked the look.

Did I mentioned that I also painted some leaves?

This fuzzy-pink-sweater-heart-holding-kitty makes the perfect birthday gift for my friend who celebrates her birthday today. The plastic pink pumpkin was $.99 cents. Who knew they made these in Pink? I guess Pink is the new Orange.

Happy Birthday Darcy!

I found a stack of these cloth cocktail napkins at a recent church sale. These little pink spirits look like they are having fun. The owl; however, looks a little nonplussed.

Please be sure to stop over and say Happy Halloween to Beverly and all her guests at Pink Saturday. It should get you in the mood for Trick or Treating.

Also please don't forget to enter my One Year Anniversary Giveaway. (Please click here to enter)

The prizes are going to be some of my special Goodwill treasures, like this vintage Rebus scarf from Symphony.


(Please click here for the story about the scarf.) I will be posting more of the planned prizes over the next few days. Please remember that the giveaway will end at 9:00 p.m. Eastern time on the 10th. Good luck.

Got it at Goodwill
Sherrie


9 comments:

LV said...

Great combination of pinks and Halloween. I enjoy seeing the children in their costumes. Wish it was as it used to be. It is not the children anymore. Big people and scary.

Marie De Marco said...

wow you have great stuff! i love the pink pumpkin. enjoy your pinkness this weekend.
marie

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sherrie, your pinks are all so pretty!... I just made a PINK witch's hat for this year! so fun!... Happy Halloween... xoxo Julie Marie

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Sherrie..those little pink napkins are the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!! How lucky you were to have stumbled upon them.
Love your pinks!!!
Congrats on your blogging anniversary too..xo Tami

Denise said...

I'm a new follower,Your site is alot of fun to visit.Count me in please in your contest.It's a hard question,
My favorite Goodwill find over the years.Maybe My pretty teacups.Please drop by and visit me anytime.

Diann said...

Lots of fun cute pinkness!

Rebecca said...

I adore those coctail napkins-It's hard to find pink halloween!

Donnie said...

Loved your Pink Halloween Saturday post. Everything was so cute.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your Pink Halloween Mantle!! So pretty!!
Have a wonderful Halloween weekend!!

Hugs,
Debbie