Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A little repurposed red treasure

Today I am joining Sue @Its A Very Cherry School World (Please click here to visit or on my sidebar) for Wednesday is Rednesday and showing off a little repurposed treasure, a Red repurposed treasure. For those who have visited my blog before, you know I love all things vintage and I enjoy giving things a new purpose.

I recently found this metal stand at a lawnsale for $2.00. It was painted black and pretty dinged-up. The black paint hid the details of roses. Yes as you will recall from last week, my love of roses ....... (Oh my luv is like a red red rose......remember to say it with a Scottish accent!) Anyway I thought it only fitting to paint it red, to jazz it up a bit.

Next I added an old metal strainer and a vintage New England Flaky Crust Table Talk Pie $.10 cents deposit Pie Plate. I have 2 at home that are in constant use.

I put apples in the strainer, but you could have it hold your kitchen utensils, other fruits or vegetables or even a plant. The pie plate could also hold a plant or a trio of wine bottles or candles. Actually for the photo and it being Wednesday is Rednesday, I had wanted to stack a pyramid of Campbell Soup cans, tomato of course, but didn't have any. I thought this could work in a kitchen, a bathroom or perhaps out on the patio filled with plants.

I already had the strainer and pie plate. The oil red paint was a quart of $4.00 oops paint purchased at the local hardware store. This is the third thing I have painted so I am definitely getting my money's worth.

Please be sure to say hello to Sue and check out all the fun of the party.

Also I wanted to thank everyone that left comments for "How do you let go of a treasure". I received some great advice. Thank you.

Got it at Goodwill
Sherrie


16 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love this red contraption. I could see it being used in lots of areas! Happy Rednesday!

Ann said...

What a cute idea, Sherrie! The color you chose is perfect, too!!
Hope your having a great week~
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

SueLovesCherries said...

That is a great piece to play with - lots of versatility!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

What a fun redo!

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Diann said...

What a fun red! I think the red does bring out all the details! Great find and thrift!

craftyles said...

Cute and clever redo-love the red! You are very talented at using things that you find-good job!

~~Carol~~ said...

What a fun and unique piece you've created Sherrie! I love this, and I bet you're going to do something fabulous with it for Christmas too. Pinecones maybe. Or some ornaments? It's a great piece, and the possibilities are endless!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Lily said...

You have inspired me! I am going to follow your blog to keep up with your great ideas!
~Lily
www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

Gallery of the Mountains said...

Great idea - I have my own Table Talk tins! Might look for one of these.

Linsday

LV said...

How creative you are. I would never thought of using these things like this. Great idea and just the right shade of red.

nancycreative said...

What a great idea--a very creative way to reuse the stand!

NanE said...

What a great little RED stand! Wonder what it's original use was? Thanks for sharing, Nan

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a great REdnesday entry...and I love that stand! I do! I LOVE IT!
Mona

Author Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

I think it looks great as red.

Patti said...

Of course I love this! It's red! What a cute thing you made out of this... what is it? Do you think it was a planter? Wow, it has lots of possiblities - I'm so glad you painted it red!
Hugs, Patti

Omi S. and her dog, Bender Oak Cannon said...

Hi! Just bounced and shared via Coastal Charm Blog, and started checking out your blog (thanks for stopping by mine)!

I love your repurposed treasure! It's a very cute idea, and I'm very inspired!