Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remember our Veterans

World War II Vessel and World War I Toiletry Roll

It is Veterans' Day. Not the kind of holiday where Happy precedes the day. It is; however, a happy day when the men and women serving in the armed forces return home, healthy and alive. For all the generations of soldiers and sailors that have protected our country, we salute them and their memories. We are forever in your debt.

"The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war"... ~General Douglas MacArthur 1880~1964

Today I am sharing with Suzanne @ Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursdays. (Please click here to visit Suzanne) It is a simple and humble post in that the Veterans of past wars are my "Vintage" tribute today. Please take the time today and every day to say thank you to a veteran. It would be nice if we stopped having Veterans in the present. That would mean the end of wars. Too bad that World War II, known as the "war to end all wars", should have been just that.

My giveaway, please see sidebar, ends tonight. Thank you.

God Bless Our Country
Sherrie

5 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Sherrie, thank you so much for honoring our Veterans and those who serve in our Armed Forces... not too many bloggers are acknowledging this day, and, being the daughter of a WWII vet, and caring about all of our vets, I am especially grateful... xoxo Julie Marie

Julie Marie said...

Hello again Sherrie, I believe I was visiting you while you were visiting me! Thank you too for posting the quote I had used by General MacArthur... xoxo Julie Marie

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

What a special tribute to our Veterans. Thanks for sharing it with us. ~~Sherry~~

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

So true! I second that!

Coloradolady said...

great tribute!! Nice post. Happy VTT