Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Strawberries anyone?

Wednesday is Rednesday

Oh my, oh my. I opened up my blog today and could not believe the date of my last post.......May 6th!!! I have never went more than a few days without a post, maybe sometimes a week, but oh my, oh my.... a whole month. Well I have been very busy.

For a brief recap:

1. Officially now divorced
2. Selling my home
3. Looking to relocate my shop
4. Leaving my full-time business of 21 years and looking for part-time position

Of course nothing has been easy...... kind of one step forward, two steps back sort of thing. Today, I am taking a deep breath, saying a little prayer and going forward with a smile on my face and making a promise to you, that I am back to my little blog, and my blogging friends that have kept me sane through this whole process. Thank you for sticking with me on my journey. I knew at the start of the year that I would be taking a new and uncharted path. It has been a little bumpy at times, and there have been a few detours, but my personal GPS is keeping me on track.

Having my house on the market is part of this new journey. I know I have shown photos of my kitchen before, but this photo is from the realtor. It is magic........ look how big it looks and oh so empty (de-clutter and de-personalize). I wasn't getting rid of my I Love Lucy Red chairs.


I wanted to stop by for one of my favorite parties today, Wednesday is Rednesday, with Sue @ It's a Very Cherry World. All that happy red at the party, always cheers me up!! Sorry Sue, it has been too long since my last visit.

My red today is my "For Sale" sign. It is certainly big and red. So if you know anyone who would love an 1853 house with 20 rooms and lots of land with perennial gardens..... there is the number.

I am living each day with this quote:

Faith is not about everything turning out okay.
Faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out.

I'll be back this week. Stay tuned for a virtual tour of my home. It has never looked so good, and of course now it (hopefully) gets sold. Oh well. Also have I got some fun lawn sale goodies to share. Thank you to my friends for being there for me with your thoughts and prayers. I have so appreciated you. Every day is baby steps.

Oh be sure to stop over and say Hi to Sue. It will brighten your day.

Got it at Goodwill
Sherrie

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Best wishes to you!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

LOT'S going on for you and hoping your house sells quickly. It looks awesome.
Fun red finds.
Take a day at a time.
Deb

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So glad to see this post and know that you are doing OK. Your house is awesome and hopefully will sell soon. You sound like you are in a happier place and it will get better. Been there, done that! Hugs, LInda

Angela said...

They say "There is life after divorce", I'd like to add that there is GOOD life after divorce!

DearHelenHartman said...

Warm thoughts on the big changes you're going through. The quote is a good reminder. The kitchen is awesome btw.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sherrie,
Good for you!! You have picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and are starting all over again!
Wonderful! And congrats to you and good luck on the sale of your home!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love the quote, the chairs (glad you kept them) and the strawberry collection! ♥

Marigene said...

Sherrie, hope you get the beautiful house sold soon...hard as it is, I know it will be weight off your shoulders. Yes, there is life after divorce, usually so much better, too. I wish you the best life has to offer...go after it, my friend!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Wow! Lots going on for you, girl! I've been there, done that for most of these things! And I'm pleased to say that there's bright light at the end of the tunnel! Your house pics look amazing. We de-cluttered up a storm and sold the place in 4 days, which is a miracle in this market. Just keep visualizing what you want. Divorce is so difficult, but just take each step a bit at a time. All good things will follow. I'm keeping you in thought and prayers as you move through your transitions. (I can relate to that too!)
Hugs,
Courtney

Vanessa at Rescued Goods said...

Good luck to you Sherrie-I know that you will do great! Your kitchen looks amazing-I can't wait for the virtual tour, and for the shop grand re-opening!
Vanessa

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Good luck in selling your home. It looks like a beautiful house.

Sorry for your difficult journey but it sounds like you are very positive about the changes in your life.

Best wishes to you

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

With your attitude, I think the journey, although painful, will turn out just fine. As a friend of mine says, "All is well--we just have to get there!"


DAWN TO DUSK

Yellow’s the color I wear at dawn
When dancing dewdrops spangle the lawn.

Red is the color I wear at dusk
When earth and sky are dry as a husk

And nothing stirs—not even a wing
Of bat or swallow or anything!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Boatman in Red

Diann said...

Hi Sherrie!
I was so glad to see you back with a post! Wow girl, you are dealing with a lot right now. I hope everything works out wonderfully for you!

Unknown said...

Hi Sherrie! You are a busy girl, but wish it was better for you. I read your last post and noticed the red apron with the dish towel front. Someone took a 1930-40's lithographed dishtowel and repurposed it way back when. I have that exact towel turned tablerunner on my website. You can see it here.....
http://brownginghamcreations.com/vintagetabletopaccents/shoptabletopaccents.html
One end has the fireplace the other the old saltbox homestead.
If I were you I'd hold onto that one....it's a keeper.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Hi Sherrie, I'll be praying for you, that everything moves along SMOOTHLY for you! Your home is so beautiful, it should sell quickly...I LOVE your Lucy red chairs!!!
Hope you have a wonderful and productive week,
Hugs to you,
Donna

Ann said...

Hi Sherrie,
Glad to see you back up and blogging!!
Keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will be just fine. :o)

I love the picture of your kitchen, that table and chairs...ooh la la!!

I wish you all the best on the sell of your home.
Fondly,
Ann

Lady Jane said...

Prayers going up that you sell your home quickly. You are one courageous lady. God bless. LJ

The Star Gal said...

Hang in there Sherrie. Probably half of all of us have been thru the same thing. After the storm comes the sun!

Rustique Gal said...

Sherrie,
Wow, you have changed everything in the past two months! Congratulations on staying on top of everything. I always say change is good, and if that is true, your life is going to get better and better! My best to you!

Victoria said...

You are a blog I've followed for a while.... Don't think I've ever commented on your blog though...

Gorham, ME is a favorite area of mine {I'm from Vt. originally, and have friends in Hollis Center.}
I can't wait 'til you post the virtual tour on your home... Oh how gorgeous!

I just looked at the date of my last blog today, too! {Life gets in the way!}
As far as your brief recap--I too have done 1,2 & 4. As well as
5. Leaving my home state to 'start over' away from the drama...

I like the quote you're living by. It says ALOT!

Good luck to you in your journey~

Carol-Anne said...

Well no wonder you haven't had time to blog! Goodness you have a lot going on! Best of luck with everything!

Jilly said...

I am very happy to hear that you have picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and are starting all over again! I like to appreciate to you and good luck on the sale of your home.
detektive

Trina M Curran said...

Oh, your house is beautiful. That kitchen is awesome! :) My dad has a set in his barn of the table and chairs in green that I am hoping to pick up in the next few weekends. I had no idea he had it. *gasp* It's mine!

Patty said...

I just found your blog and I love it. I really hope things are going ok with you now.

Laur said...

I have been in the process of a separation and divorce since May of this year, and the whole thing brought a lot of changes besides the obvious ones. It is certainly a roller coaster of emotions, and I can relate to what you are going through. Friends have been very helpful in making it easier to cope. Best wishes to you. I hope you will post more when you can. I really enjoy your blog.

Unknown said...

Try freelance writing as a form of online income. There are many websites out there that open up the doors to freelance writing, like oDesk and eLance. With both, you can apply for and bid on online jobs of all types. Many of them are writing Satta King Play Bazaar focused. If you're a fast writer that composes quality pieces, you can do very well!

Unknown said...

Use your spare time wisely. There are many ways to earn money online that require little focus. Tasks on sites like Amazon's Mechanical Turk are perfect for this. You can even do them while you watch TV. While you may not get rich, you will be making Satta King Play Bazaar `the most of your downtime.